What to expect when visiting Camping Skye during Covid-19
All being well, we plan to open to visitors on July 15th, the date proposed by the Scottish Government for the re-start of tourism across the country. It won’t quite be business as usual, however, as there will still be some Covid-19 restrictions in place. Our primary concern remains the safety of our visitors, our staff, and of course our local community.
- We will be implementing a gradual re-opening, with a smaller number of pitches than usual available in the first few weeks.
- The shared facilities (showers, toilets, laundry & washing-up room) will remain CLOSED until September, or until Scotland enters Phase 4 (if this is later). This means that during July & August we can only accept bookings from units with their own on-board facilities. Tent pitches will only be available once the shared facilities are open.
- There will be a reduced pitch fee during July & August of £20 per pitch, with no further charges for additional adults / children. This includes your hardstanding pitch, electric hook-up, and access to fresh water & waste disposal facilities.
- Our motorhome service point (fresh water, grey water disposal & chemical toilet disposal) will remain available to non-residents for the usual £5 fee, but BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – call 01471 550420.
- Wherever possible, we ask you to book and pay for your pitch online in advance.
Please book and pay for your pitch online in advance. When you arrive on site, remain in your vehicle. A member of the Camping Skye team will welcome you and give your our on-site information, including your pitch number & location.
To keep you, our staff, and our community as safe as we can, our toilets, showers, laundry, wash-up room, and reception will be closed throughout July & August. We plan to re-open these for visitors’ use in September, providing the Scottish Government has confirmed that we are in Phase 4 of the Covid-19 restrictions by then.
Service Point Use
Our service point (fresh water, chemical toilet disposal & grey water disposal) will be open as usual, with additional cleaning procedures in place. Hand washing & sanitising facilities will be available, but please also ensure you have an adequate personal supply of soap, sanitiser, wipes & PPE (e.g. facemasks and disposable gloves). Non-residents may make use of the service point by appointment only – call 01471 550420 to arrange this.
Campers will not be permitted to have visitors on-site while Covid-19 regulations are in place.
If any of your party shows Covid-19 symptoms, you must not travel to Camping Skye. Contact us directly to let us know, and self-isolate as appropriate.
If any of your party falls ill with Covid-19 symptoms whilst staying with us, contact a member of the Camping Skye team on 01471 550420 and stay isolated in your unit. You should make arrangements to travel home as soon as practically possible. For further advice contact NHS24 on 111.
We will be keeping guests’ contact information for 4 weeks following a stay with us, to facilitate the NHS Test & Trace scheme. You can help by ensuring we have adequate contact information for you when making your booking.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to Camping Skye. If you do plan to visit us in the next few months, be aware that not all businesses and services will be operating as usual. Some may choose to only partially re-open, some may be waiting until later in the year, while others will be operating in a different way due to new restrictions or guidelines. Please be mindful of the current Scottish Government restrictions, especially distancing, while they are still in place; our community contains a high proportion of people vulnerable to viral infection, so respect the need of others to keep their distance. These are extraordinary times, and a little patience goes a long way while we all find our way through them. Ours is a very beautiful, but also a very remote and fragile place. Come and enjoy it, and help us to take care of it so that future generations can do the same.
the Camping Skye team